Friday, November 24, 2006

Something To Be Thankful For

Yesterday Dorcas and I were in a taxi being driven by our friend, Alberto, here in Lima. I noticed a big crack in the front windshield, on the passenger's side.

"Hey, Alberto, what happened?" I asked him as I pointed to the crack in the windshield.

"A crazy guy shot at me last week," he replied. "Thankfully, the bullet hit the passenger's side of the windshield, since no one was sitting there. If the bullet had hit on my side ...." He just looked at me and shook his head.

So as we get ready for our special Thanksgiving service on Saturday night, our friend, Alberto, is thankful that he's alive, and that the bullet that was fired at him was wide by about two feet.

What are you thankful for? Come join us on Saturday night at 7:00 PM at Hotel Las Palmeras in San Isidro and let us know, and you'll also get to enjoy some great food, awesome music, and the blessing of hearing many others share what they're thankful for this year.

We'll see you on Saturday night at Hotel Las Palmeras for the special Thanksgiving service!

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home