Tuesday, December 11, 2007

More Kidney Stones!

Please pray for my health as I've been suffering from more kidney stone attacks these past few days.

On Saturday I had a minor attack after the beach baptism, then on Sunday I had another minor attack after the services, and then on Monday afternoon I had a third attack which was bigger and more painful and required another trip to the emergency room at Clinica Good Hope in Miraflores.

If you've ever suffered from kidney stone attacks, or if you know someone who has, then you understand how painful and debilitating they are. It's like someone has just stuck a sword in your side! I've now had four separate kidney stone attacks in the past three months, and it's no fun. Paul had his "thorn in the flesh" (2 Corinthians 12:7), so I guess the kidney stones could qualify as my own personal thorns.

Thankfully, I've discovered a natural herb from the Peruvian jungle called "chancapiedra" which works to dissolve the stones and relieve the pain. Dorcas makes it into a tea which I drink after any kidney stone attack, and it works like a charm! They know what they're doing there in the jungle!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home