Friday, February 08, 2008

Thank You, Girls!

I want to say thank you very much to all 23 of my young friends who live at the home where we did the extreme makeover last year. Yesterday, my young friends threw me a great birthday party at the home, and we all had a fantastic time together!

We had delicious aji de gallina for lunch (that's shredded hen meat in a mildly-spicy yellow pepper sauce, for all you gringos out there reading this, served together with sliced yellow potatoes and white rice), we washed it down with chicha morada (purple corn juice), and then topped it all off with birthday cake and ice cream! What a tasty feast it was for all! And of course I absolutely loved the homemade poster which was presented to me, signed by all of the girls. I now have the poster proudly hanging in my office!

I had such a great time at my birthday party yesterday. I am so blessed to have 23 of the most special friends that anyone could have in this world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home